PASS South Teams Anticipate "New" South Boston This Weekend

PASS South Teams Anticipate ?New? South Boston This Weekend

• For Immediate Release

CHARLOTTE, NC (August 10) ? After competing at Virginia?s South Boston Speedway for over a decade, Pro All Stars Series (PASS) South Super Late Model teams can throw their notes away as the prepare for this Saturday night?s 150 lapper. Over the winter, South Boston Speedway received a facelift that included the repaving of the 4/10-mile racetrack.
The South?s original Super Late Model tour returns to South Boston led by two fan favorite?s from nearby Durham, NC, the father-son duo of Jay and Tate Fogleman. Jay, the former two-time PASS National Champion, recently tested at South Boston and while he might not know exactly what to expect on Saturday night, he is sure of one thing.
?It?s fast, really, really fast,? says Fogleman, driver of the Fogleman Soils Ford #8. ?The track is really smooth and has a ton of grip. Usually we have at least two grooves at South Boston, but I?m not sure how it will play out this year with all the grip in the corners. I think a lot of teams will be fast due to the grip and I think that will make qualifying and the redraw even more important than usual.?
After stepping back in recent years to focus on his son Tate?s racing career, Jay climbed back behind the wheel at Southern National in the most recent PASS South Super Late Model race and finished fifth. While Tate continues to be the priority, Jay will be back behind the wheel this weeknd at South Boston hoping for a win, but with an eye towards the Oxford 250.
?Getting Tate wins and championships is still the priority for us, but me going back racing some gives us the chance to try and few things out and help him,? says Fogleman. ?The only race where I will be the focus is the Oxford 250. Tate is going to come up to Oxford and crew chief for me there, but other than that, I?m here to help him out as much as I can. If I can get a win, that?s great, but getting Tate some wins is still the focus.
Among the pre-entries, the Foglemans will be joined by championship contenders Matt Craig, Kodie Conner, Dave Farrington, Jr., and Sarah Cornett-Ching. Kevin Powell returns to the driver?s seat in the New Day Motorsports entry for the first time since being sidelined in a hard crash at Caraway Speedway a few years ago. Jared Fryar will be back for his second straight PASS South start, while Virginia driver Tim Pinion returns to his homestate looking to raise awareness Fanconi Anemia Research.
All the action gets under way on Friday at South Boston Speedway with open practice for all competing divisions from 9 AM? 5 PM. On Saturday, practice will begin at 2 PM with qualifying starting at 5 PM for the PASS South Super Late Models and NASCAR Late Model Stocks, followed by the pit party at 6 PM and main events scheduled to start at approximately 7 PM.
PASS Super Late Model entry forms for South Boston Speedway, along with entry forms for the 44th Annual Scott?s Recreation Oxford 250 presented by Fastway Trailer Products and the Mason-Dixon MegaMeltdown 300 can be found at ProAllStarsSeries.com.
The Pro All Stars Series is recognized as North America?s premier sanctioning body for asphalt Super Late Models and boasts such marquee events as the legendary Oxford 250 at Oxford Plains Speedway and PASS South?s Easter Bunny 150 and Mason-Dixon MegaMeltdown 300 at the historic Hickory Motor Speedway. For technical information concerning all PASS divisions please send questions to passracing@roadrunner.com. For media or marketing questions, please contact Alan Dietz at 704-231-2039 or alandietzpass@live.com. And, don?t forget to ?Like? the Pro All Stars Series on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @PASSSLM14 to keep up with breaking news as it happens.
-30-