Racefans do yourself a favor

So now that you’ve told us all about Miss Total Seal

I suddenly have a craving for sardines smothered in oil.Oh and kissing a fish…

See I let boneman speak LOL .

I just finished reading Gary’s book. I found it very interesting. He saw the drug smuggling as a shortcut to the Cup series. I got the impression he is not sorry for what he did, more that he is sorry he got caught. He regrets it cost him his family, and most likely a career. He does seem bitter about his punishment. The fact that he went back to smuggling after serving time in prison says a lot to me. As bad as he says prison was, it tells me that he has the criminal mindset to be will to risk it again. As far as what Rex said about his plan to get to the top, I think it was flawed from the beginning. If you read the book you can see between the lines he leaves a lot of the story out, and he says as much. All opinions are my own, your mileage may vary.

Ok.So I haven’t read the book.But back when I was younger and racing up in Ohio,I knew of guys who would go out and steal a car off the street to get a motor or transmission to race come the weekend.I knew a guy who got caught up in a ring that went and stole heavy equipment sitting idle on a job site (I’m sure for more than just the ability to go racing) and I’m sure stuff like this (and probably much worse) happened in more places than central Ohio.So I have to ask a very real question here.Should any of it have been tolerated by any of us in our judgemental moments or should we have said; you know this racing thing is full of criminals and I should just avoid it like the plague.Real question here.

I think that is one of them there “trick” questions. I see two questions…

“Should any of it have been tolerated by any of us in our judgmental moments…”–04

Well, imo only, the answer is “yes”. In fact, a “judgmental moment” itself reportedly doesn’t go over well during actual Judgment.

“…or should we have said; you know this racing thing is full of criminals and I should just avoid it like the plague.”–04somemore

This one is a big “no”. There are lots of good folks at the races, who doesn’t know some of them?

If we was to throw every baby out with sketchy bathwater, we would go the way of the dinosaur pretty darned quick.