Citrus County Speedway cancels for Saturday October 6th

According to a post on the speedways Facebook page this morning, Citrus County Speedway has cancelled Friday practice AND Saturday’s scheduled race card due to unforeseen circumstances.No explanation was given just a promise for later updates.

That doesn’t sound so good.

Aside from the hundred or so that will show up and have a “WTF?” moment, I am hoping that health issues for the owners are not the reason.

No it really doesn’t sound good

And after several people asked the why question there was still no response from the speedway earlier this afternoon.Hopefully it isn’t some sort of medical situation(though none was mentioned) and I’m also hoping it isn’t a $$ issue since I have seen a lot of tracks cancel out of the blue to be followed with a chain and padlock on the gates.Hopefully an explanation is quickly coming.

Hmmmm. They just had that big high paying LM race last month, I hope that didn’t do them in.

On a hopefully good note

Citrus County Speedway appears to be ready to fire back into action this coming Saturday October 13th,although with a change from the tracks posted season schedule.Originally open wheel modifieds were on the card for October 13th as well as this past Saturdays cancelled night of racing.Pro Trucks will be on tap now for this coming Saturday the 13th.