So Camaro gone then what?

Chevrolet has announced recently that the Camaro model line will at the very least go into hiatus following the 2023 model year most likely to be replaced in their lineup by a high performance electric four door sedan model yet to be determined.So where will this leave Chevrolet in the NASCAR scheme of things? Downsizing the wheelbase to debut a new model seems unlikely considering it would leave the other manufacturers scrambling to do the same.Unless the introduction of other manufacturers occurs in the not so distant future NASCAR is somewhat painted into a corner considering Chevrolet really has no current downsizing option nor does Ford.Toyota and other foreign manufacturers look to actually hold an upper hand here as they haven’t primarily pinned their fortunes on the truck and SUV market as much as GM and Ford.The Daytona E500 anyone?

First, "high performance electric four door sedan model [possibly labeled ‘camaro’] " is oxymoronic and possibly just plain moronic (No reflection on 04, of course, he is just the messenger).

But, everybody from Audi to Mclaren is working “electric” into their high dollar stuff and the word is that after 2030 everything will be electric.

Never mind powerplant coal emissions, imagine what your/my electric bill will be once everyone is absolutely dependent upon them–whether we drive electric cars or not. Further, imagine the cost of gasoline once the gubment decides to “motivate” us to do the “right thing” --their right thing, of course.

I have said it before… we have lived in the best of times (note the past tense…).

To answer your question, whatever-GM-wants-to-market is what the next car will be.

They could make Corvette end caps for the next gen if they want to. More probably the “Malibu” (Malibu SS?). I have rented these and driving one is truly a non-memorable experience. Such an insult to my first car, a '64 Malibu SS.

But seriously, who really cares?