modifieds (hypothetical question)

if there was a class that ran sk type modifieds with 10"tires and motor rules close to limited latemodels or sportsman (crate motors optional) would any of you be interested in runing? maybe even a series that ran at 3 or 4 diferent tracks

im sure many would but 10 inch tires ? better stick with the tires the sks run now . those rockets need all the grip they can get for safety purposes . but heres the bigger problem . theres only one or two tracks in florida that might be willing to pay a purse that would make guys want to build , buy a car that expensive . not gonna happen for a $200 to win purse . we already have reg . mods and the new e-mods with crate motors and you see how well thats going . (3 car fields ) . we need to fix what we already have first .

im sure many would but 10 inch tires ? better stick with the tires the sks run now . those rockets need all the grip they can get for safety purposes . but heres the bigger problem . theres only one or two tracks in florida that might be willing to pay a purse that would make guys want to build , buy a car that expensive . not gonna happen for a $200 to win purse . we already have reg . mods and the new e-mods with crate motors and you see how well thats going . (3 car fields ) . we need to fix what we already have first .

10" tires because the motors wont make as much power as the the tour type mods.

also with the right rules it would be cheper to build one of these than a fl mod. posibility of leting fla type mods run with 10" tires with some sort of weight break.

about the 200 to win. this wont be a fascar class

Just put the Open Engine, not the E-Mods, back on slicks. Or even a 9-10 inch tire on 8 inch wheel. Leave the E-Mods on the grooved, treaded, beaded or whatever they are called this week, tire. Modifieds are meant to be Fast and LOUD!!! You could probably do a small series with the Open modifieds with the ones that are parked now (because of said tires), with a decent payout (35 to 50 laps max). Just want to race!

just want to see real mod’s emod’s stink no racing and slow good for kids but that in all , but then is that what stock classes are for so lets have real mod’s and do away with slow emod’s and let the real mods run and race fast loke they do better then any thing out there!!!

The emods are slowly building car counts. In this economy, anything that is growing should prosper when the economy improves.

The big motor mods need a slick. Those groved things should only be on low horsepower racecars.

lol ! slowly growing ? 3-5 cars on a good nite . same cars all year . sorry but its not the economy its fascaronomy . everyone has left the building . fascar - joke payouts , no tech , favortism , 3-5 car fields ,empty grandstands . auburndale , citrus -double or better payouts , real strict tech , 20 plus car fields every saturday , packed grandstands . both tracks run real mods not wanna - be mods . so hows that higher education workin for ya over there on the east coast ?

you are 100% right now how do you get it fixed?

new management .

Surprise!! I ain’t saying nothin!!!:smilie_bett:

Not new management, management in general should not have let mods get to where they are now. Ever heard of I.M.C.A. Some of the best racing i have ever seen, but, by today’s so called standard they are called E-Mod an people call them junk.

missed the whole point .

Truth,

If everyone had your money, there would not need to be any ecomomy classes. You have pretty much insulted the majority of shorttrack racers by the way of your thinking. The education is fine on the east coast. Come on over and we will teach you how to write and spell.

Well heres my two sense. yall try not to kick me to the curb to hard. as far as modified drivers saying that they would love to drive a s-k type car absolutely! but theres the cost factor of purchasing one of those chassis. there are plenty of modifieds already out there, as DD38 stated. the issue with the e mod is that everybody already has two to three spare motors built to the 7 pounds per CU engine rule. if you want to run big CU put a lil lead on, not go spend $$$ on building a street stock motor they belong in street stocks. no dis respect to street stock racers. i think a majority of my friends and fellow racers i race with, would just be estatic to go back to an 8in slick, and put a real show on for the fans. take out the restrictors and lets get it on. the threaded tire was to save the racer money, well guess what??? they wear out just like a slick. if you wana go fast your going to put new rubber on period! whether it be threaded or slick. i think that some would love to run on a 10in tire, but i say the speed might be a bit much for the brakes and spindals etc… that the cars were originally designed for. last year when i help put on the eddie brann memorial at citrus county we had 38 modifieds show up to make that race, and i know alot of racers came just to support the event, because of eddie. before the weekend was over i had a handful of modified drivers get together and say “lets start a traveling modified series on slicks” maybe 8 races once a month 4 different tracks two times a piece. the thought has entertained my mind for the last year just seem to have to many irons in the fire these days… but still thinking … as the youngster LG Grimm once told me… “feel the rhythm, hear the rhyme… GET ON UP… ITS MODIFIED TIME”.

p.s. dont forget the 2nd eddie brann memorial december 4th 2010 citrus county speedway… where you will see the best open wheel modified drivers the state of FLORIDA Has to offer!

geeze you people get off topic

since some of you seemed to have missed the point

here is the idea

have a modified series that (travels to 3or4 diferent tracks) (NOT TO
REPLACE E-MODS OR FL MODS) (also has nothing to do with any current track or series)

allow sk type mods with 10" tires and allow fl type mods to run big breaks,wide 5 and 10 " tires (posibly with a weight break)

just wanted to know if there would to be any interest. (simple yes or no would be fine)

do not want to hear about low payout,favoritism, and why you think your track management sucks.

ok ,ill deal with ez later , to answer your question id have to say no . i agree with owm61,to costly . the idea is to save the racer money , not spend more . lets fix what we have . then see what happens .

Tunafan,

I like your idea of a 10 inch tire modified. Maybe call it the Florida Outlaw Modifieds. They would probably need a better brake package. If you keep it easy to convert what we have in Florida already, there may be a good handfull of people that would buy wheels, tires, and brakes to run such a series. I would definately like to watch.

Truth,

There is no reason at all that Florida can not have e-mods, modifieds, and maybe an outlaw type modified. There could be a modified class for different budgets and skill levels. Just don’t insult guys that can’t afford what you may prefer to watch. I like all modifieds because they are loud, most look different, and the racing action can be good to watch when there are alot of cars on the track - much like all other racing.

ok somewhere along the way you obviously decided to misinterpret my words . let me explain a few things to you . first , im flat broke like most saturday nite racers just tryin to survive . ive been doing this since before you were born more than likely . second i didnt insult anyone but you . it was a response to you kindergarten comment . of course you seem to be offended when anyone tells the truth about fascar . too bad , facts are facts . stop the whitewash for gods sake it aint helping . now as far as modifieds go , more twisted words . its just not the time for asking racers to spend any more money . we have plenty of modifieds in this state . full fields at auburndale and citrus . works fine there . and i hear they draw quite a few to punta gorda as well . 3 show up at nss or osw . and everyone knows the truth why they quit racing there . slow down and try to understand the meaning of the words before you get your panties in a wad . we all comment for the betterment of short track racing which alot of us have dedicated the majority of our lives and savings for .

and yes i do agree that it would be nice to have different levels of modifieds (in a perfect world) but at this time it would be wiser to fix the issues with the ones we have now before trying to start a new class . for example the new e-mods , 3-5 at osw , nss ,cmp . obviously the interest isnt there . that may change in time but very doubtfull . most modified drivers want that 600-800 hp .