This ...My final post ever...Orlando SpeedWorld

I have been reading this thing for years…has really turned into …well I do not know what! Really sad how a lot of people do things on here!

Orlando SpeedWorld…This I KNOW for A FACT not things that I have heard through the grapevine!!!

Ozzy is working his tail off to make the oval track work!! He is trying new stuff and WILL try new stuff!! I had several meetings with him while I was in Florida back in Feb.

If everyone would STOP trying to condemn everything that everyone does and try and get behind them and push you would be surprised how things would go!!

Sure Ozzy knows more about Drag racing…he has been doing it for a while…he WILL catch on to this oval track stuff!!! Some of you have him dead in the water before he can get started…SHAME SHAME SHAME He is trying to get things done…OHHH but it is not within YOUR timeline…he is new YES you need to know about rules…he will get them out there…if certain one keep it up you will have NO tracks to go to PERIOD…I for one would not blame the owners for closing their doors!!!..at ANY track! You make no money…you get threatened with lawsuites at the drop of a hat…you deal with whining people that never go to to the track…but have a computer and there they can be a force of nature destroying a business!

As far as the “influence” from the Hart family…in the eloquent words of Robert…“Let Me Ask you something” Who…WHO has kept all of us racing for the past 40 years ??? Those gates have been open EVERY year good or bad and there has been bad trust me!! YES Robert and I fought like cats and dogs…BUT…BUT…BUT I have HUGE respect for that family keeping us racing as long as they have!!!

So long karnac…if anyone cares to see what I have to say anymore…see me at facebook This place is far too dark and negative for me!!!

Bye Rusty, good luck.

The notion by some on this board that the average race fan, or competitor, couldn’t possibly know how to improve the sport of stock car racing or the tracks they race on is idiotic. I have no idea how to run a cafe, but i know for a fact that if you serve crappy, overpriced food you’ll go under. I know nothing about the inner workings of the movie theater business but i know for a fact that if you don’t show movies that people want to see and/or charge too much, you’ll go under.
What exactly is it that the average person would find so tough about runing a race track? Complaining customers and vendors? Every business puts up with that every day. People don’t want what you’re trying to sell them? Every business goes through that every day. Don’t have enough customers? Do more and better advertising and offer them a quality product.
I’ve seen some very good suggestions on this and other sites concerning bettering the show at the local track. And i’ve seen a stream of has been, or never were, race track officials complaining that people shouldn’t be trying to tell them where they went wrong. It’s pretty easy for a fan or racer to tell track owners and promoters where they went wrong. They see first hand where the problems are.

Rusty burns it up on Facebook, so he is easy to find, and entertaining too.

You know one reason why I read this board? For good ideas. Matt, I have to say that I disagree with you often, but I think your statement above is right on the money. Using your analogy of a cafe or theater, it is easy to know what not to do, but the kicker is knowing what must be done to improve a business, weather it is racing or any other.

How do you make sponsors show up without fans? How do fans show up without cars? How do you convince someone to work for months building a car? It can’t be that easy, but the fundamentals still apply.

Either way, its hilarious that we get lectured that we don’t know anything, AND that the tracks listened to posters on this board, AND they did what we said to do, and that is why track business is bad! As the kids would say “ROFL”!

Somebody get Rusty a tissue and a man sized tampon. :slight_smile:

Top that RSB ! LOL !

[QUOTE=Boneman;123606]Rusty burns it up on Facebook, so he is easy to find, and entertaining too.

You know one reason why I read this board? For good ideas. Matt, I have to say that I disagree with you often, but I think your statement above is right on the money. Using your analogy of a cafe or theater, it is easy to know what not to do, but the kicker is knowing what must be done to improve a business, weather it is racing or any other.

How do you make sponsors show up without fans? How do fans show up without cars? How do you convince someone to work for months building a car? It can’t be that easy, but the fundamentals still apply.

Either way, its hilarious that we get lectured that we don’t know anything, AND that the tracks listened to posters on this board, they did what we said to do, and that is why track business is bad! As the kids would say “ROFL”![/QUOTE]
No one said u didnt know anything just that u didnt know anything about promoting a track.
I still rember the toylet papper chace…Funny stuff

Ur not stupid and could learn but to make statments to track owners that have millons invested on how to do ti is like u playing golf with a pro and telling him how to hit the ball.
Rusty and i have had this discustion many times.
Im sure he looks at it differentley now with a few years of experance.
He gets it and has earned hie strips…Opps he will show up in strips now (sorry) LOL

The Nat bzzzzzzing

Don

Rusty is one of the few who actually did make a noticeable improvement to OSW.

Don spends all his time patting himself on the back for how good things used to be… yet has killed every track and series he was involved in.

Rick comes on here bashing the Harts… yet failed miserably at his turn at the wheel of the ship. He’s bashing Ozzy, who hasn’t even OPENED the gates yet, as someone who is clueless and destined to failure.

These 2 clowns get on the soapbox and proclaim that everyone else ‘doesn’t have a clue on how to run a track’. Keep in mind that this is pure speculation on thier parts… and at the same time, the PROOF is out there that THEY don’t know how to do it either.

At least Rusty can speak from some kind positive experience. It did grow and it was fun with him in charge.

Rick didn’t even bother to SHOW UP for his first day as Manager of OSW. A religious retreat that weekend was more important.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;123613]Rusty is one of the few who actually did make a noticeable improvement to OSW.

Don spends all his time patting himself on the back for how good things used to be… yet has killed every track and series he was involved in.

Rick comes on here bashing the Harts… yet failed miserably at his turn at the wheel of the ship. He’s bashing Ozzy, who hasn’t even OPENED the gates yet, as someone who is clueless and destined to failure.

These 2 clowns get on the soapbox and proclaim that everyone else ‘doesn’t have a clue on how to run a track’. Keep in mind that this is pure speculation on thier parts… and at the same time, the PROOF is out there that THEY don’t know how to do it either.

At least Rusty can speak from some kind positive experience. It did grow and it was fun with him in charge.

Rick didn’t even bother to SHOW UP for his first day as Manager of OSW. A religious retreat that weekend was more important.[/QUOTE]

Now u have heard it all on carcrap!!
The news spot for racing

BZZZZZZ

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;123616]Now u have heard it all on carcrap!!
The news spot for racing

BZZZZZZ[/QUOTE]

Rick put God in front of racing!!
Thank heven for that…
Jerry try it. It might help…

Don62

I don’t NEED help…

How about doing some praying yourself, for the ability to spell in a somewhat coherent way.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;123619]I don’t NEED help…

How about doing some praying yourself, for the ability to spell in a somewhat coherent way.[/QUOTE]

Now what do u say to that??
Jerry he doesent do spelling.
Ill pray for you…

don62

…???..

I thought the big guy can pull off miracles? If he can teach you how to spell, now THAT would be a miracle enough to make a believer out of me on the spot.

Don has dyslexia. It’s a handicap. I quit questioning his spelling when I heard he suffered from it.

It’s not nice to pick on a handicapped person.

Don, you should let people know so they will understand.

Your friend, EZ :slight_smile:

Handi man!!

Not good to say “handicapped”. :slight_smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEaTFKG4IHs

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;123630]Don has dyslexia. It’s a handicap. I quit questioning his spelling when I heard he suffered from it.

It’s not nice to pick on a handicapped person.

Don, you should let people know so they will understand.

Your friend, EZ :)[/QUOTE]

And its not a joke to me. So thanks ez!!

BZZZZ
don

hmmm

It is NEVER ok to make fun of anyone regardless of the reason! Alot of people cant spell because of emotional or physical reasons such as dylexia, downs syndrome, and other disabilities… Others were never able to earn an education! Some had to leave school to support families.
As for God… that is personal… whatever your beliefs are is personal and we need to respect each others ways. We dont have to agree or accept in our own lives but we do have to show respect.
Just my opinion… Dear Lord… i hope I didnt spell anything wrong!
Hope you all have a happy day…

Carol Wicks aka OZ :auto003:

[QUOTE=carolwicks;123710]It is NEVER ok to make fun of anyone regardless of the reason! Alot of people cant spell because of emotional or physical reasons such as dylexia, downs syndrome, and other disabilities… Others were never able to earn an education! Some had to leave school to support families.
As for God… that is personal… whatever your beliefs are is personal and we need to respect each others ways. We dont have to agree or accept in our own lives but we do have to show respect.
Just my opinion… Dear Lord… i hope I didnt spell anything wrong!
Hope you all have a happy day…

Carol Wicks aka OZ :auto003:[/QUOTE]
Hea oz i do suffer from dylexia and it did disable me from atending much school in my day, Now days its a gift in some places.
I think all of them know what im saying and its the best they can come back with. Havent heard much from u. hope all is well god bless

don62

I’ve never once heard about the dyslexia. If I had known, I wouldnt have picked on Don about it. The teasing stops right now…

Carol… you mentioned ‘having respect’ for others religious beliefs. I completely agree. You all don’t want me to disrespect it, yet you all keep wanting to ‘pray for me’ or that I ‘need help’. You want me to respect your beliefs, then don’t shove yours (and others) down my throat either.

It’s a 2-way street… not 1-way.

I’m fine with who I am and my beliefs, whatever they happen to be. That’s nobodies business but mine. Keep yours to yourselves, and I’ll be glad to keep mine to myself.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;123713]I’ve never once heard about the dyslexia. If I had known, I wouldnt have picked on Don about it. The teasing stops right now…

Carol… you mentioned ‘having respect’ for others religious beliefs. I completely agree. You all don’t want me to disrespect it, yet you all keep wanting to ‘pray for me’ or that I ‘need help’. You want me to respect your beliefs, then don’t shove yours (and others) down my throat either.

It’s a 2-way street… not 1-way.

I’m fine with who I am and my beliefs, whatever they happen to be. That’s nobodies business but mine. Keep yours to yourselves, and I’ll be glad to keep mine to myself.[/QUOTE]
We didnt bring it up u did and we just reacted to it .
try not comment on what is more important to Rick…All of us know the answer…

Don62

Don and Jerry

Don… Im doing ok for an old lady. :wink: still able to spend alot of time with Bobby and Hailey and lovin it. Love and miss you. Hi to Sandy…

Jerry… you and I have totally different views on religion and yet we have managed to stay close friends for many many years. Its all about respect.
I may not agree with you but I respect your right to believe or not. For me I know God will sort it all out …

Hope you both have a happy day…
Your friend always,
Carol aka OZ :auto003:

Well damn, a happy ending… And I was just about to publish “D-Bonics 101, A Guide to Understanding Don”.

Feel free to add your own “happy ending” joke here.