Osw Pay Out

Good old Shitrack contributing his .02 cents.

Since all you can obviously do is complain, how about laying out what WOULD make you happy …(or at least shut the fuck up)…?

Free admission? $1000 dollars to win in the Strictly’s? TV contract so both of your friends can watch you run 12th from the comfort of home? Having the rule book written to exactly match whatever your car already is?

It’s been a while since I’ve seen a more useless Karnacian. Don is no longer tagging the back of the field.

You all know Tim the wrecker guy. I got a t bird from him for $300.
Me and my son worked evenings on it and spent less than $100.
He raced it a full year and never finished worst than 4th with it.
Made him stare last everynight and he wasent allowed to pass on the inside.
He had a blast. There were 20 cars avg that year and it had no payoff.
The next year we built one for lakecity. A guy named rick drove it. We had $300 in the whole car.
It won 15 times and wqs 2nd or 3rd the reas of the time. No payoff.
Sold it at the end of the year for $500
the more it pays the more people wont have fun racing.
If you want to have fun Bomber racing is for you.
If you want to cry and bich…look up the tread theyer there wanting more money…
When all the track are gone they will cry They should have spent more money…

Ok im going back to work today so I will leave you all alone

Don62

Hey frasson once again you prove you are a real peace of trash with your foul language on here. if I remmeber right when you sign up on hear it says something about posting vulgar remarks and useing foul language on here. So I hope the moderators does something about your mouth.

Jerry im not tagging the back but I think you like being tagged there.
Jerry goes to the rear for trash mouthing…
That sounds bad right there.
Keep that keyboard in frount of your nose and u wont smell anything…

don62

If nothing breaks, It’s a $100 bill to go run my 4cly strictly stock at Orlando. … and I don’t care. This is my hobby. Really looking forward to opening night !!!
Heard the new 4 cyl class on the bando track. Hope that’s true.

Looks like they just raised the superstocks to $450 also,sweet!

You just gave Shitraker something brand new to complain about.

Time out !!

Ladies and gentlemen, please step back and take a breath for a moment. The place hasn’t run it’s first race and already people are bitching that it’s not being done right. Yes the past year was a disaster, but it can only go in one of two directions, (up or close). Either way, the best thing to do is wait and see. They don’t have to pay 10 spots, they could have stopped at 5 or less and it still would have been more than before. Strickly’s always knew they were in for no payout just a trophy. My only problem with the strickly class is that they allow drivers from upper classes to run them. Take two totally equal cars in that class and the one driven by the driver from super stock, sportsman etc will usually win. No matter what, that class is there to be fun for as little money as you can build a safe car for.
It seems like if people aren’t bitching about the track, they are bitching about each other. Get over it or move on to a track you are comfortable with. More will get done working together to try and make racing last the full season at OSW, then it would if everyone just complains, (example; congress /senate / trying to tell wife why that master cyl is more important than the new microwave).

I have no dog in this fight anymore and reading all of this is one of the reasons I quit racing and have no desire to ever go back to the track. I do wish OSW luck in getting things turned around but getting on here and complaining about something before the first race is even held is not going to solve anything. Give them (OSW) a chance to turn things around. I agree with a lot of people that OSW is one of the best tracks to race on.

I have not been on the message board for awhile but I love OSW and would hate to see it gone which will happen if you don’t support the old girl. I remember when she had full stands and alot of cars and if you did not get there alittle early, well, you might not get that favorite seat of your’s. And it was not a Crash-A-Rama night but just a regular Friday night race. And I have seen her have very bad car counts and very few fans in the stanut we never gave up on her.

You can bash OSW all you want but for those who are like me and love the old girl, your bashing won’t change how we feel. I don’t know if you are a fan or driver but any real race fan or driver does not want to see any track closed because of people saying nothing good about the track. Don’t you think we have already loss too many tracks and will never see action at them again.

My two cents is: I love OSW and want to see her work. I hope she gets lots of fans in the stands and plenty of drivers in the pits. And Strictly Stocks (runabouts at one time) were never paid except when Dave Westerman would get fans to put up money to pay them and then they saw green. But that class was suppose to be for beginners with low cost cars racing to see if that was for them or not. I have plenty of runabout trophies packed up in a box from my ex who was happy to get that trophy and didn’t care that he got no money.

Don Nerone is a friend of mine and I respect him alot but he has always said to support your local track for tomorrow it might be a parking lot or mall or storage places. Is that what you want or do you want a race track close to home where you can go, forget all those troubles of the week, and just have fun. Me, I just rather have the fun and not see a new parking lot there.

So bash all you want but any true Orlando SpeedWorld fan or driver is not going to let your bashing stop them from going to where they love. Hopefully, you will have a good week and find a track you like.

tccaz, A 10 second Camaro would make a so-so Street car. That would be a Super Stock at OSW.

Dd38

Never said it was a street car it was a full on race car amazing how much you think you know about things and don’t. He asked if I ever had a race car and that’s what I had. Doesn’t mean I don’t know about race cars. I have worked on 4 second top fuel cars and many circle track cars drag cars carts and many other types of race equipment.

Well thats good for the super stocks. where did you see that at? osw website still says 300.00 to win. I hope thats true I wouldnt post anything on here untill the track has posted it on there website.

It is posted on the facebook page…For some reason this website no longer lets you copy/paste :fragend005:

Oh man and your opinion means so much to me NOT. If I raced it today I would agree with you but in the late seventies with a small block all motor no nitrous no power adders at the time not too bad.

glad to see the place opening back up! hate to see people complain when we all should be thankful we have a local track to race at.it would be nice to see a pay out in all classes but i dont go race to make money i go cuz i enjoy it.

My thoughts exactly !!! It’s all about having fun.
See ya out there man

I think the obvious is being missed here, some say money is no object and they do it for fun, others say money is important. we all know we don’t make money doing this so lets just get past the “i don’t do it for money” thing. the bottom line is that at some point it has to help support itself, not fully but most of us don’t have the luxury of money being no object. if that were the case no one would run these lower classes. everyone is going to have different breaking points to where they just cant afford to do it anymore… these individual breaking points are being challenged. who is anyone to bash on another because they aren’t happy that the breaking point has been reached? at some point this will effect the already pitiful car counts. the end result is the closing of the track. these classes are meant for the financially challenged to begin with, so it doesn’t make sense to me why starving them out is even an option. you cant run any other business half heartedly and expect success…we all love the OSW track itself, that’s why we are on here going head to head, & to the ones that think they are above others and saying we don’t want you at the track because you bitch or disagree, or express frustration… look in the mirror, you are part of the problem. we all have something to offer this sport because we all share the passion. some have solutions some have complaints… its all called contributions.

vary well put scott. I think people forget or didnt know the strictly stock class did not always run for free. the points winner at the end of the year got in free the next year and also received a jacket at the banquet and a trophy. and osw did have a few races they did get some money and the cost to get in was 25.00 now there asking them to pay 30.00 and get nothing. say what you want it is not right.

as an avid supporter for the strictly stock bomber class or whatever they decide to call it. Im not pleased at all with how there going out the class. EVERY track (Adale,Citrus) pay there bottom class. and thats why the have the best car count in those classes and 2 heats some nights. so what is the big deal that OSW and NSS dont WANT to have a purse for them. But what cracks me up is Strictly stock will run 20 lap features…no pay. but then when they run 25 features it payed 100 to win 80,60,50,40,30,20. if thats the case lets do 25 every weekend. Im mean Im I wrong here? or do they need the money there not paying bombers to pay everyone else with because they think this class dont matter? seems disrespectful and more of a slap in the face…:anim_buttkick: