Good Job NSS For Parking Chokett #29

Total bonehead move of the race…

Nice to see the track is not going to put up with that BS. Anymore.

Any thoughts???

JWP–We want the story & details, please!

Choquette was leading, Grill passed him after a lap or two of side by side racing and some fender rubbing after a restart. Choquette turned Grill going into one after the pass. I don’t condone it but I have seen MUCH worse go on and no immediate dq. Luckily the finish was clean, I was wondering what would happen if something like that happened at the end. Was the track prepared to toss another offender?

I don’t think it was a good move,maybe put him in the back but to dq him wasn’t the right call.

It looked to me like Grill laid on him at least twice trying to push him up the track. Eventually he succeeded and Jeff wasn’t happy about it. I don’t blame him although he overdid it. Stupid move that early in the race.

[QUOTE=RSB;152917]It looked to me like Grill laid on him at least twice trying to push him up the track. Eventually he succeeded and Jeff wasn’t happy about it. I don’t blame him although he overdid it. Stupid move that early in the race.[/QUOTE]I’m with you on this. It was two guys racing hard and one guy leaning a little more than he should. But to just flat out dump Grill 40 laps in was stupid. 2 laps to go, going for the win, I can see a little more sense in what Choqutte did, but not that early in the race. I would have been fine with him dooring the hell out of him, but he flat out drove it down in there and tried to drive through Augie.

NSS got that call right. If more tracks make it known that they aren’t gonna just let you tear peoples stuff up because you’re mad about them leaning on you a little, maybe we wouldn’t have races where this happens or what happened in August in the Wescott race.

Knowing the outcome maybe Jeff won’t dump him next time.knowing the outcome maybe Grill will pass him clean next time

No matter how you look at it the fans got robbed, would have been a great race for the lead between the two of them.

3 wrongs robbed the fans thats for sure…augie leaned on jeff…jeff overeacted…and nss overeacted…

I was sitting right behind the adrians…i can almost assure you they wont be back to nss…also wonder if jeff has a ride for derby…

the track

[QUOTE=JWP;152912]Total bonehead move of the race…

Nice to see the track is not going to put up with that BS. Anymore.

Any thoughts???[/QUOTE]

The track had it’s blinders on again. The 112 was all over the 29 under yellow. If the track would have done there job, and said something to the 112, this would have never happened. I know that I’m not the only one that seen what was going on in 3&4 evey time that the yellow was out. WAKE UP PEOPLE

I don’t think it was a bonehead move at all. There was no reason for Jeff to purposely wreck Augie. As far as 3 & 4, I was sitting right there, both cars were playing games before the restarts, nothing that warrantied purposely wrecking another car.

WAY too early in the race for that crap! Testosterone was pumping! LOL!

Doesn’t appear that Steven Wallace hit anything.

Who lost money on that, again…?

It isn’t so much about what happened, but the penalty itself. A DQ was way over the top. It’s not as though Jeff is known as a dangerous driver that needs to be sat down. A 1 - 5 lap penalty, or stop and go would be a lot more reasonable.
That team came a long way to race and a lot of fans were there to see Jeff race. Dumb move by the track i’d say.
I wonder who actually made that call, and how close a friend of Augie Grill they are.

NSS is way too fast a track and Supers are way too fast of cars to tolerate intentionally wrecking someone like that. Making a move like that could hurt or kill someone. I applaud the call. End somebody’s night on purpose, get your night ended. Calls like that help to end that kind of nonsense.

Just go buy the rules. Its not hard. A lot of people don’t know what they are so some one read them then post them.
Then the rest of them can read them and weep…
I dint even know what they are anymore so someone that has them in print post them…

Don62

If NSS or any other track is going to end a drivers night for intentional ( or attempted intentional ) wrecking of another driver, there’s not going to be very many cars finishing each race. For instance, if the 112 was leaning on Jeff and did in fact run him up the racetrack as was posted above, should Augie have been parked for attempting to wreck another driver?

Earnhardt 101

Yep, been happening for years.

Guy #1 hits guy #2. Guy #2 retalliates & gets penalized.

Guy #1 says it was just racing/an accident/he didn’t mean to do it.

Btw, “track calls” are always the same deal. Whatever the powers-that-be think at that moment, regardless of what the no-rough-driving rule says.

I wasn’t there, looks like I missed a good race.

The Derby and practice etc leading up to it will be interesting.

Leaning on someone to prevent them from having a straight away lead on a restart, and driving down into the turn and punting them are two extremely different things.

That’s like me punching you in the face because you shook my hand too hard.